Tattoo Removal Aftercare Tips
Be sure to follow these aftercare tips to ensure your skin heals beautifully and smoothly after each treatment. If you experience any unusual side effects or irregular burning, call our office immediately so one of our expert laser technicians can assist you.
- It is normal for the skin to feel irritated and experience redness immediately following treatment. For the first 3 days after treatment, keep the treated area bandaged with sterile gauze and protected with a thin layer of antibiotic or healing ointment. After 3 days, keep the treated area clean and dry during the healing process. If necessary, clean the area gently with mild soap and water and pat dry.
- Blistering is common and is part of the healing process. Protect the area and apply an ointment for at least 24 after the blisters have popped.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce chances of pigmentation changes. Apply a sunscreen with SPF 25 or higher for 3 months after treatment.
- Feel free to shower 2 hours after treatment, but avoid high water pressure hitting the area. do not soak it until completely healed. No baths, hot tubs, or swimming.
- Use Aquaphor, Vitamin E, or hydrocortizone cream to moisturize itchy areas.
- If the area looks infected (honey-colored crusting, oozing, spreading redness) or you have an extreme reaction, immediately contact medical professionals for help.
Healing is complete in 4-8 weeks, depending on patient’s immune system, aftercare, and level of treatment. Scarring is very rare.
Request a Callback
Fill in the form below to request a free consultation.
Request A Free Quote
We aim to respond to all quote requests within a 24 hour period Monday-Friday. However if this isn’t the case, we will get back with you as soon as we can!